About Heroes of Newerth
MOBA Name: Heroes of Newerth
Release Date: 2010
Publishers: Frostburn Studios (note: the game was bought by Garena in 2015)
Platforms: Windows, OS X, Linux
Heroes of Newerth is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) video game developed by studio S2 Games for Microsoft Windows, Linux and MacOS platforms, and was originally released on these platforms on May 12, 2010. At first, S2 Games released the game as paid, but a year later on July 29, 2011, it was rereleased as a free-to-play (FTP) game. The development team that worked on Heroes of Newerth transferred to Frostburn Studios on May 5, 2015, and further development to the game has been added from that company.
Like so many of today’s most popular MOBAs, Heroes of Newerth was an idea that was derived from the custom-made mod map called Defense of the Ancients (DotA) from the highly-revered game Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.
In Heroes of Newerth, players form two teams—called the Legion and the Hellbourne—picking a hero for each member from more than 125 available in the roster, and battle it out against each other suing the skills and perks unique to each hero. The two teams are stationed at the opposite ends of the map from where they progress towards each other through buildings, creep spawns, a hero spawning pool and a central structure. The Legion team has a “Tree of Life” on their side and the Hellbourne team has a “Sacrificial Shrine” on theirs. The team that first destroys either the Central structure or the enemy team’s main building wins the game. A game can also be won if the opposing team is forced to surrender. From winning the game combat experience and gold is earned, which can be used to buy items that increase your hero’s strength, as well as your player ranking.
Heroes of Newerth provides players with four game modes: Co-Op, in which player can fight against bots with bots or live players; Player Hosted, which allows players to customize a match and its configurations and allow others to join; Normal, in which players form a team and play against other live players, and Casual, which is very similar to Normal but has different combat experience and gold earning perks, and is generally made for more casual players.
On May 1, 2013, Heroes of Newerth received a large update which changed many aspects of the game, called Heroes of Newerth 3.0. The most major changes were the major changes in graphics and bots that were intended to be an easier way to introduce new players into the game. Heroes were more detailed and sharper-looking like the rest of the map, other features like different looking lanes, cliffs and towers were introduced, as well as tutorial gameplay videos and AI bots to help new players learn the basics.
Heroes of Newerth has continually been receiving updates and patches from the developers still almost seven years after its release, and it is still popular within the MOBA community, with frequent mods being added which increase its gameplay value and has kept it going strong for all these years.
How to Download and Install Heroes of Newerth
- Heroes of Newerth (HoN) is a Free-to-play game. To download the game, you first have to create an account on their official website, just follow this link http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/create/.
- Click on “Download Game” after you’ve created your account. This should take you to a download page for the game.
- If you already have an account, you can download the game directly from http://dl.garenanow.com/hon/HoNInstaller.exe
- Download the setup and wait for it to finish installing.
- Once installed, launch the game and wait for it to update. You can now login to your account and start your HoN adventures!
Heroes of Newerth Download
You can download HoN from following this link http://hon.garena.com/downloads/game-download
Game Status: Heroes of Newerth is still being played!
Heroes of Newerth is a free-to-play MOBA.
Heroes of Newerth System Requirements
- Processor – 2.8GHz Pentium 4 / 2.0GHz Core 2 / AMD 2400+ or faster
- RAM – 1.5GB of RAM
- Video Card – 128 MB GeForce 5 / ATI 9800 / GMA 950
- OS – Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Network Connection Required
- Processor – 2.4GHz Core 2 or i3 / 2.2GHz i5 or i7 / AMD 3500+ or faster
- RAM – 2.0+ GB for Win XP / 3.0+ GB for Win 7
- Video Card – 256MB Geforce 7800+ or Radeon X1900+
- OS – 32-bit Windows XP, 64-bit Windows 7
- Network Connection Required (Broadband)
Heroes of Newerth Screenshots